The Queensland Action Group for LGBTIQ+ students was formed on 19 April 2013 to address discrimination and bullying of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and questioning (LGBTIQ+) students in Queensland education settings.
This is a volunteer group with no funding or financial structure. Committee meetings are held approximately every two months, usually by video/teleconference. Between meetings we work and communicate by email.
LGBTIQ+ students and allies are; welcome, safe and supported in reaching their full potential in all education settings in Queensland.
1. All teachers and education personnel in Queensland receive training in LGBTIQ+ equity.
2. Comprehensive LGBTIQ+ policy frameworks and guidelines are available in all educational settings in Queensland.
3. Support services and systems for LGBTIQ+ youth are available within and external to educational contexts.
4. Gender neutral and non-binary needs are recognised in all education settings in Queensland.
5. Support for parents and carers of LGBTIQ+ children and young people is promoted within and external to educational contexts in Queensland.
6. Research into LGBTIQ+ equity for students, educational personnel and allies is extended and promoted in Queensland.
7. The work and reputation of the Action Group grow, both in Queensland and nationally.
- Queensland Teachers Union
- P&Cs Qld
- The Federation of Parents & Friends Associations of Catholic Schools in Queensland
- Independent Education Union of Australia – Queensland and Northern Territory Branch
- Independent Schools Queensland
- Relationships Australia Queensland
- Dr Stephen Stathis
- LGBTI Legal Service
- The Smith Family
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays
- Ohana for Youth
- Wesley Mission Brisbane
- Queensland AIDS Council
- Australian Transgender Support Association Queensland
- Young People Ahead (Mt Isa)